Collection of Information
You can view this Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal identifiable information about yourself. However, you may voluntarily provide certain personal identifiable information to us in connection with your queries or requests for materials and services (all of which will be referred to as “Personal Information”). If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, you consent to our collection of that information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers. Personal Information includes all information you voluntarily provide to us, whether in person, by telephone, mail or e-mail, or on this Site, such as: (i) your contact information (e.g. name, telephone number, organisation and postal and e-mail addresses); (ii) financial information (e.g. credit card number, security code, password, cardholder name, billing address, and expiration date); and (iii) information related to your membership profile (e.g. self-audit data, member numbers and status, action plans and activity reports materials and good practice examples).
Uses of Personal Information Collected
We may use your Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- To provide you with materials and services that you request;
- To provide you with information and updates;
- To manage your membership account;
- To communicate with you in general;
- To respond to your questions and comments;
- To notify you about any special events, membership news or services you have signed up to (via our newsletter). Should you not wish to receive these communications from us please simply indicate your preference to opt out by following the directions provided in the e-mail;
- To otherwise customise your experience with the Global Network;
- To request further information from you; and
- To resolve any disputes that may arise.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
The Global Network may share your Personal Information (only to the extent reasonably necessary or as required by the circumstances), when applicable, with the following parties:
- Third-party suppliers and service providers which provide certain services or functions requested by you and/or which fulfil your requested transactions, including but not limited to, materials, workshops and conferences
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- The appropriate parties if it is requested by law.
- The appropriate parties in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities, to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Global Network, and in accordance with our terms of membership and other agreements.
- Other appropriate entities should we undergo a corporate transaction, such as a merger or liquidation.
We may aggregate data in an anonymous manner to be used for statistical purposes. Under no circumstances will personal identifiable information or membership data be disclosed.
Security of Data
The Global Network takes every reasonable precaution to protect all information collected. Sensitive information submitted to us and retained by us for the execution of our duties, is stored in a secure manner. Data obtained from our website is collected and transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. We do not process credit/debit card payments, but use a dedicated third-party payment portal, where information is transacted using industry-standard encryption algorithms. We do not retain card information. The Global Network further secures your data against theft, attack and/or inappropriate or unauthorised use by maintaining a secure network, updated hardware infrastructure, latest software, industry-standard virus protection, secure gateways and regular scheduled backups.
We retain data that is required in our contractual duties in the provision of our services. We review the data frequently and retain for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed.
Links to Third-Party Sites
This Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources, whose information practices may be different than ours. Prior to providing any information to such sites, you should consult the other sites’ privacy policies and notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. These linked sites are not under the control of the Global Network, and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Global Network is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply a referral to or an endorsement of the linked site by the Global Network.
The Global Network may update this Policy in the future, and reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time. Updated versions of the Policy will be posted on this website and are effective immediately on posting. Please check frequently, especially before you use this website, to see if this Policy has changed.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make any corrections necessary within a reasonable timeframe. You also have the right to request access to your personal information or membership profile data and request that your personal information or data be erased where it is no longer required.
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the way we use your Personal Information or Membership Data, please contact us at email@example.com. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to the Global Network, and we welcome your feedback.