This section features previous news and updates from single healthcare service members, national/regional networks and associates
15 April 2017; Spreading the Tobacco Free Healthcare Message in Aragón Region, Spain
Marta Alquézar Fernández, coordinator of the Hospital Smoke of Alcañiz, shares below in English a summary of their projects and activities with some photographs since joining in 2014. Actions relate to promotion, prevention and treatment of smoking/tobacco in their hospital and neighbouring villages.
- Drawing contest in the schools of the population of Alcañiz, for WNTD2015
- Signage Improvement Project to profile renewed the anti-tobacco law that must by law be implemented in the healthcare places.
- Participation in several regional and national congresses informing about our project and its results, even winning prizes for the best Neumosur 2015 communication.
- Every year, on May 31, we hold a briefing table in the hospital with information and advice to all the people who visit the hospital and the realization of coxymetrics, in addition we are asked by the local and autonomous media to give our contribution these days.
- Classes of prevention of smoking in 2016 in the School of Alcañiz San Valero Escolapios taught for the ages between 9-12 years.
- Informational class for the parents of the children in this age group, but open to all the population of Alcañiz. 2016 Hall of Acts San Valero Escolapios.
- Teaching: Courses have been given for health personnel for both doctors and nurses. In Zaragoza, for the cardiac rehabilitation unit in 2015, for the nursing school of Zaragoza in 2016 and 2017. For residents of Pulmonology in 2017. Also in the Hospital of Alcañiz itself for both workers and users.
- In 2017, the signage of the hot spots where some users and some workers continue to smoke, has been greatly improved. Both with banning messages and messages about health promotion.
- In 2017 also talks in the municipal school of La Codoñera (town near to Alcañiz) for children between 9-12 years.
- Throughout 2016 and 2017 we have been meeting with the Miguel Servet Hospital, Royo Villanova Hospital and Provincial Hospital to help them take their Hospital Smokeless project and create a Smoke-free Hospitals Network in our Community.
- Several publications have been sent to national and regional congresses on the results of the smoking consultation.
- We have managed to extend the available time for the smoking consultation in the Hospital of Alcañiz. We even take care of patients admitted and we have managed to manage patients with drugs not funded by our health system, drugs that are very effective and for which an extraordinary economic item has been made.
- This year 2017 we have implemented a project between us and nearby health centres to improve patient care for smokers by creating current care and treatment protocols, as well as improving referral and access to tobacco consultations. Improving and updating the knowledge of health professionals who are interested in this work.